5 easy steps on how to get clear on your intentions.
As we prepare to say “sayonara” to 2020, many of us are looking at setting some new goals. But I find many people struggle with doing that because they can’t get clear on what they really want. I have some easy steps to help you get specific on your desires and give you the jumpstart you need for 2021.
There are many different ways to go about this, but I find this way to be very helpful, because it not only identifies things in your life you want to change, but it highlights all the awesome parts that you can show gratitude towards. The more you show gratitude, the more things you’ll have to be grateful for.
Here are 5 easy steps to set clearer intentions:
- Close your eyes, and picture your perfect day. Don’t give yourself any limitations. Money, time, age–nothing matters. What would your perfect day be like? Where would you wake up? On a beach somewhere hot, or on a snowy mountain, or in a penthouse suite in New York? Are you alone, or is someone sleeping beside you? What’s the next step in your day–do you head out for a early morning run, or is there a huge breakfast waiting for you in your dining room? Are you relaxing all day, or are you excited to get to that new class/movie set/buyers meeting/date? Go through this, step by step.
- Write it down. Jot notes are good.
- Circle all the things that you already have or do. Take a moment to truly appreciate all that you’ve already accomplished, whether it be a beautiful home, a happy spouse or kids, or just the fact that you walk to work most days.
- Write out all the items you didn’t circle onto another sheet of paper. These are your goals. Some of them will be short-term, others will take longer, but you can definitely get there with the right mindset and inspired action.
- Set the intention to implement the short-term changes within the next 90 days. The long-term ones, give yourself three years. Write those out separately, and as an “I am/have” statement. For example:
By March 31st, 2021:
-I am 125 lbs or less
-I am easily booking acting jobs and have booked 3 or more already
-I have easily made $9000 or more from acting jobs alone
By January 1, 2024:
-I am a series regular on a hit TV show
-I am easily making $350K/year
-I have financial freedom and can spend as much time with my family as I want
These examples are very close to the ones that I have set for myself. Feel free to piggy-back off them, or use them as they are. Once you have those intentions, it’s important to review them often. I recommend reviewing them daily, either at the beginning or the end of the day. That’s when you are most relaxed and you can let these intentions seep into your subconscious. That way, your brain will be activated to find out just how to make these goals a reality.
Give it a try and you’ll look back in a few months and you’ll find yourself checking off at least a few, if not all of your goals.
Comment below on some of your short/long term goals, I’ve love to hear them!
With Love & Whimsy,